Health & Wellness
Social and economic inequalities, lifestyle choices and access have a major impact on people’s health.
Why it matters:
Close to 648,000 people in Toronto experience high stress almost all the time:
- For over a quarter of Torontonians 15 and over, life has “quite a lot” of stress.
- 7.2% self-report that their mental health is fair or poor (up from 5.8% in 2008).
- Over a third (38%) of grade 9-12 students report being under a lot of stress.
In 2013 over half (52.6%) of Toronto residents 12 and over report being at least moderately active during leisure time (up from 46.2% in 2012), and almost 6 in 10 (58.8%) report good or excellent physical health.
- Nonetheless: Youth (12 -19) are increasingly reporting inactivity during leisure time: 40.5% in 2013, vs. 31.9% in 2012
- Toronto's Vital Signs® Report 2014